Terms & Conditions
We hope you love using CarePortMD. We really do. This document contains important information that you need to consider before making an important decision.Effective Date: July ___, 2018.
2. WE DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE The Content that you obtain or receive from CarePortMD, its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise through the Services, is for informational, scheduling and payment purposes only. All medically related information, including, without limitation, information shared via the CarePortMD website and mobile application, the CarePortMD Buzz, CarePortMD emails and text messages, and CarePortMD advertising, comes from independent healthcare professionals and organizations and is for informational purposes only. WHILE WE HOPE THE CONTENT IS USEFUL IN YOUR HEALTHCARE JOURNEY, IT IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. DO NOT USE THE SERVICES FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, IMMEDIATELY CALL 9-1-1. YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE, NURSING, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE ADVICE, OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE. We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, Healthcare Providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear through the Services. If you rely on any Content, you do so solely at your own risk. We encourage you to independently confirm any Content relevant to you with other sources, including the Healthcare Provider’s office, medical associations relevant to the applicable specialty, your state medical boards, and the appropriate licensing or certification authorities to verify listed credentials and education.
3. NO DOCTOR PATIENT RELATIONSHIP DOCTORS, NURSES, AND OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS USE THE SERVICES TO SHARE CONTENT WITH YOU, BUT YOUR USE OF THIS CONTENT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR HEALTHCARE. NO LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED BETWEEN YOU AND CAREPORTMD WHEN YOU USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT. THIS IS TRUE WHETHER SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THROUGH ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM CAREPORTMD INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE “FIND HEALTHCARE NEARBY” FEATURE, THE “CONNECT TO HEALTH SECRETARY” FEATURE, CAREPORTMD EMAILS OR TEXT MESSAGES, OR ANY ASSISTANCE WE MAY PROVIDE TO HELP YOU FIND AN APPROPRIATE HEALTHCARE PROVIDER. CarePortMD encourages Healthcare Providers to use the Services responsibly, but we have no control over, and cannot guarantee the availability of, any Healthcare Provider at any particular time. We will not be liable for cancelled or otherwise unfulfilled appointments, or any injury resulting therefrom, or for any other injury resulting or arising from, or related to, the use of the Site or Services whatsoever.
4. AUTHORIZATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT; IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHCARE PROVIDER RELATIONSHIPS AND HEALTHCARE PROVIDER LISTS In connection with using the Site and the Services to locate and schedule appointments with Healthcare Providers, you understand that: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHOOSING YOUR OWN HEALTHCARE PROVIDER. CarePortMD makes reasonable efforts to ensure that Healthcare Providers only participate in the Services if they hold all active licenses required by law to practice the specialties of the services offered by them, and are not excluded from participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. CarePortMD may exclude Healthcare Providers who, in CarePortMD’s discretion, have engaged in inappropriate or unprofessional conduct. Some Healthcare Providers listed through the Services enter into contracts with us, and may pay us a fee in order to be marketed through or to use the Services. To help you find Healthcare Providers who may be suitable for your needs, and enable the maximum choice and diversity of Healthcare Providers participating in the Services, we will provide you with lists of Healthcare Providers. These results are based on information that you provide to us, such as insurance information, geographical location, and your individual medical needs. They may also be based on other criteria (including, for example, Healthcare Provider availability, past selections by and/or ratings of Healthcare Providers by you or by other CarePortMD users, and past experience of CarePortMD users with Healthcare Providers). Note that CarePortMD (a) does not recommend or endorse any Healthcare Providers, (b) does not make any representations or warranties with respect to these Healthcare Providers or the quality of the healthcare services they may provide, and (c) does not receive any additional fees from Healthcare Providers for featuring them (i.e., higher or better placement on lists) through the Services (subject to Sponsored Results as described below). We may show you advertisements or sponsored results (“Sponsored Results”) on the Site, including the identification of CarePortMD preferred partner (“Preferred Partner”) locations. CarePortMD receives additional fees from Healthcare Providers for providing Sponsored Results and Preferred Partner arrangements. Sponsored Results shown through the Services are not, and should not be considered, an endorsement or recommendation by CarePortMD of the Healthcare Provider.
5. THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE INFORMATIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES The Services are an informational and educational resource for consumers and Healthcare Providers. We may, but have no obligation to, publish Content through the Services that is reviewed by our editorial personnel. No party (including CarePortMD) involved in the preparation or publication of such works guarantee that the Content is timely, accurate or complete, and they will not be responsible or liable for any errors or omissions in, or for the results obtained from the use of, such Content. Healthcare Provider Content: Healthcare Provider and practice Content is intended for general reference purposes only. Healthcare Provider Content may be provided by the Healthcare Provider and/or office staff, and collected from multiple other data sources that may not be confirmed by the Healthcare Provider. Such Content can change frequently and may become out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. Neither the Site nor CarePortMD provides any advice or qualification certification about any particular Healthcare Provider. [Exception – CarePortMD locations] Procedures/Products/Services: The procedures, products, services and devices discussed and/or marketed through the Services are not applicable to all individuals, patients or all clinical situations. Any procedures, products, services or devices represented through the Services by advertisers, sponsors, and other participants of the Services, either paid or unpaid, are presented for your awareness and do not necessarily imply, and we make no claims as to, safety or appropriateness for any particular individual or prediction of effectiveness, outcome or success. Insurance Content: The insurance and insurance related Content (including, without limitation, insurance coverage and benefit Content) (“Insurance Content”) may be intended for general reference purposes and for your convenience only. Such Insurance Content may be based on Personal Information (as defined below) you provide to us as well as Healthcare Provider Content (such as CPT codes and other encounter data). The Insurance Content is provided either directly by the insurance provider you identify or via a third-party clearinghouse. Insurance Content can change frequently and may become out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. To make this Content as accurate as possible, you agree that you will (a) provide accurate and complete insurance-related Personal Information, and (b) verify and update your insurance-related Personal Information (including, without limitation, verifying such Personal Information obtained by automated means from an insurance card you provide). Although CarePortMD strives to provide you with accurate Insurance Content, we are not responsible for any inaccurate, incomplete or outdated Insurance Content, and you are responsible for complying with subparts (a) and (b) hereof.
8. CHANGES TO THE SERVICES; NEW SERVICES; ADDITIONAL TERMS 8.1 Changes to the Services; New Services We may from time to time add new features to the Services, substitute a new service for one of the existing Services, or discontinue or suspend one of the existing Services. Under no circumstances will CarePortMD be liable for any suspension or discontinuation of any of the Services or portion thereof, and the use of new services will be governed by this Agreement. 8.2 Additional Terms Some Services may have additional terms (including, without limitation, policies, guidelines, and rules) that will further govern your use of that particular Service, and supplement this Agreement. If you choose to register for, access or use any such Services, you may be presented with such additional terms. By using those Services, you agree to comply with any such additional terms, which are incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES While using the Services, you may encounter links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience only and we do not endorse these sites or the products and services they provide. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of these other websites. Although we attempt to link only to trustworthy websites, it is possible that they will contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate and we will not be responsible or liable for the legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through such other websites.
11. YOUR USE OF CONTENT All of the Content is owned by us or our licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights, and international treaties. You acknowledge that the Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Services contain CarePortMD’s proprietary information. We give you permission to use the Content for personal, non-commercial purposes only and do not transfer any intellectual property rights to you by virtue of permitting your use of the Services. You may print, download, and store information from the Site for your own convenience, but you may not copy, distribute, republish (except as permitted in this paragraph), sell, or exploit any of the Content, or exploit the Site or Services in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever. Except as expressly provided herein, neither CarePortMD nor its suppliers grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Site and the Services not expressly granted by CarePortMD to you are retained by CarePortMD.
13. SMS/TEXT COMMUNICATIONS We may send communications to you on your mobile telephone by SMS or text message. Message and data rates from your mobile telephone service provider may apply and are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by your provider.
14. THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE We may incorporate third party software as part of certain of the Services, including without limitation open source third party software. Your use of such third party software is subject to any and all applicable additional terms and conditions governing such use provided by the third party software provider. Where applicable, additional notices relating to the third party software may be provided by us, which for example may contain attribution and disclaimer notices applicable to the third party software.
16. DISCLAIMER We created CarePortMD to improve your healthcare experience, and we want your experience with CarePortMD to be exceptional. While we work hard to make that happen, you acknowledge that we have no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: (a) which users gain access to the Site and/or the Services, (b) what Content you access, (c) what effects the Content may have on you, (d) how you may interpret or use the Content, or (e) what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release us from all liability for you having acquired, you having not acquired, or your use of Content. We make no representations or warranties regarding suggestions or recommendations of services or products offered or purchased through the Site and/or the Services. We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE SERVICES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE OR ACCURATE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS OF THE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED OR RECEIVED THROUGH THE SERVICES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, CAREPORTMD MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION. CAREPORTMD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, BUG-FREE OR FREE FROM DEFECTS, THAT LOSS OF DATA WILL NOT OCCUR, OR THAT THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE OR SITE ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, CONTAMINANTS OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS.
17. GENERAL LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WHILE WE’RE ALWAYS IMPROVING, AND WE HOPE YOU HAVE AN EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE WITH CAREPORTMD, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH US IS THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (a) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES, IF ANY, THAT YOU PAID TO CREATE OR MAINTAIN AN ACCOUNT WITH THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, OR (b) $100; EXCEPT THAT, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICES (AS DEFINED IN THE ADDITIONAL TERMS), IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR CUMULATIVE LIABILITY THEREOF REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF TRANSACTION PROCESSING FEES (AS DESCRIBED IN THE ADDITIONAL TERMS), IF ANY, REMITTED TO AND RETAINED BY CAREPORTMD FOR PROVIDING TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICES FOR APPOINTMENTS MADE BY YOU IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE APPLICABLE CLAIM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU (OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING UNDER OR THROUGH YOU) FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, OR MEDICAL MALPRACTICE OR NEGLIGENCE OF HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS UTILIZED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED IN ACCORDANCE HEREIN TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
CarePortMD is a platform that connects patients with clinicians at 1) our CarePortMD clinics in DE and PA and 2) through your smartphone, tablets, laptops or computers from your home or anywhere you are internet connected, 24/7.Get Started